After months of public betas, the final version of iOS 12 is now available and ready for download. The new iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, and iPhone XR will ship with it, but here we’ll take a look at how to install iOS 12 on older iPhones.
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X
- iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4 iPad 9.7 inch, iPad Pro 9.7 inch, iPad Pro 12.9 inch, iPad Pro 10.5 inch
- iPod Touch (sixth generation)
Here’s how to back up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch using iCloud:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Open Settings, select your name, and tap iCloud. (If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, you’ll have to scroll down and tap iCloud).
- Tap iCloud Backup. (For those on iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Backup). Also, make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on.
- Tap Back Up Now.
- You should also make sure to check the backup is completed. You can do this by opening Settings, tapping on your name, going to iCloud > iCloud Storage > Manage Storage and tapping on your device from the list.
How to Download and Install iOS 12 on your iPhone and iPad
The easiest way to get iOS 12 is to install it right on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch you want to update.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- A notification about iOS 12 should appear and you can tap Download and Install.
- It can take a while, during which time you won’t be able to use your device, so tap Install Tonight or Remind Me Later if you want to postpone for a more convenient time.
How to Download and Install iOS 12 From iTunes on your Mac and PC
If you prefer, you can download and install iOS 12 from your computer using iTunes. Here’s how:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.
- Open iTunes and select your device. In iTunes 12, you click the device’s icon in the upper-right corner of the iTunes window.
- Click Summary > Check for Update.
- Click Download and Update.
For more info like this follow 9byhalf.com