Today is the birthday of the greatest innovator who not just pushed humanity a step forward with his tech company Apple, but also made a dent in the universe as he always wanted to and today, here are the 10 quotes from Steve Jobs Himself, which showed the true spirit of an entrepreneur.
1. “I want to put a ding in the universe.“
Right from starting apple and then leaving apple, he was someone who wanted to be the leader of the industry and he made sure that he stayed on top to make a dent or a ding in the universe with his innovation.
2. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
He believed in the spark of Innovation and he made sure that each product of his company has something unique that not just made Apple on the top or the coolest company in the world, but also established himself as the leader and not the follower.
3. “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.“
He was the “Designer of Tommorrow” and he made sure that visions should reflect the tech of tomorrow. Right from MacBook with its slogan “Light years ahead” to iPhone, he made sure that design should be the main concern that makes a product successful.
4. “We hire people who want to make the best things in the world.“
Being an Entrepreneur is hard and probably the toughest thing in the universe with expectations, success, revenue and what not, and for this Steve believed in hiring people who could develop the products of tomorrow and something unachievable. His hiring strategy is also one of the success pillars of Apple.
5. “Sometimes life is going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.“
Never, Ever and ever lose the faith in you, in your people, in your visions and more importantly the product you create.
6. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful, that’s what matters to me.“
And that was Steve, the man who wanted to make sure that each day of his life should be devoted to something people will admire and look forward to. The Real Entrepreneur.
7. “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.“
He believed in just one thing- “Quality” of the products, people and everything around him, his life and his main focus was to make sure that Apple can never compromise on quality.
8. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.“
Steve believed that every entrepreneur make some mistakes and mistakes means that you are innovating. But make sure that you learn to accept them and use the improvements in the next innovations.
9. “You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.“
And that what makes him the biggest marketing genius in the world and a true innovator who believed in the power and in creating the tomorrow.
10. “It’s really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don’t know what they want until you show it to them.“
Create the best products, make people believe in them and that is what they have always wanted. Its simple.